[ back to index listing
SECTION 12: SUBDIVISIONS CREATED BY RENT OR LEASE AND CONDOMINIUMS
- Plans and Data
- Standards for Mobile Home Parks and Recreational Vehicle
- Standards for Condominiums
- General. Subdivisions created by
rent or lease (e.g., mobile home parks) and condominiums are exempt
from the survey requirements of these Regulations, but must be submitted
for review and be approved before possession of any portion thereof
may be conveyed in any manner.
- Procedure. The procedures as outlined
in the Major Subdivision Section and Chapter 11.22 of the Belgrade Zoning
Ordinance shall be followed except as follows:
- Final Approval Procedure:
- The subdivider shall submit an original and three copies
of the plan, with required revisions, together with all signed
certificates and documents as required.
- Before any portion of a rental or lease subdivision may be
rented or leased the subdivider shall have installed all required
improvements. Preliminary plans, profiles, tentative grades
and specifications for proposed improvements shall be submitted
to the Public Works Department for approval prior to the construction
of improvements. The Council may provide for inspection of all
required improvements in order to assure conformance with the
approved construction plans and specifications.
- The Planning Department shall review the plan to ascertain
that all conditions of preliminary approval have been met.
- The Council shall examine the plan within 30 days of the
date of submission and shall approve it if it conforms to the
conditions set forth on the preliminary plan and the terms of
these Regulations. If approved, the Council shall so certify
in a printed certificate on the plan and provide the subdivider
with one copy thereof. The original shall be filed with the
Public Works Department and one copy of the approved plan shall
be retained in the planning department. If disapproved, the
Council shall write the subdivider a letter stating the reasons
- Plans and Data. Plans and supplemental
information required in these Regulations and Chapter 11.22 of the Belgrade
Zoning Ordinance shall be submitted with the following exemptions and
- Boundary Lines: All plans may show approximate boundary, lot,
right-of-way, or other lines including the plan submitted for final
- Documents and Certificates: Only the following documents and
certificates shall be submitted with or shown on the preliminary
plan (draft or copy) and the plan submitted for final approval (final
form and signed).
- Covenants, restrictions, or lease and rental agreements.
- Encroachment permits or a letter indicating intent to issue
a permit where new roads, easements, and other subdivision improvements
intersect or are located within city, county, or state highways
- Certificates of Installation of Improvements by engineer.
- Certificate of the Council.
- A letter of approval from the Council where a zoning change
is necessary (with plan for final approval only).
- Certificate of Approval by MDEQ (with plan for final approval
- Standards for Mobile Home Parks and Recreational
- The Design and Improvement Standards of the Regulations of Chapter
11.22 of the Belgrade Zoning Ordinance shall be compiled with.
- Standards for Condominiums.
- Condominium developments shall meet the minimum standards of
the MDEQ, adopted pursuant to sections 76-4-101 through 76-4-128,
- The Design and Improvement Standards of these Regulations shall
be complied with except where noted below.
- Exemptions: Subdivision review and approval requirements shall
not apply where:
- Condominium buildings are being constructed on land divided
in compliance with the Act.
- An adopted zoning ordinance permits multiple family use of
the density proposed in the plan for development.
- Unit Ownership Act: Condominium development shall comply with
all provisions of the Unit Ownership Act, sections 70-23-102 through
70-23-703, MCA and all regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
- Other Requirements: The subdivider shall comply with all other
standards and requirements of these Regulations and other local
and state regulations, including the Belgrade Zoning Ordinance.
Condominium applications shall show the proposed location of buildings,
snow storage, parking, and internal access.